Lets just take a second to think of what someone of 95 years has seen in his lifetime.
- World War I
- World war II
- The Depression
- Democracy in South Africa
- sitting inside a prison for 27 years
- internet/twitter/facebook. in fact the birth of the calculator, TV, computers,
- The rural area, where Madiba grew up…. to where he died.
- two marriages
- the media
- he travelled and saw the World
For any normal person living until the ripe old age of 95 years is a feat. Added with the media and pressure and you STILL have someone that never lost his cool and maintained his dignity at all times.
A truly great man. A deep and wise soul.
We honour you and we thank the Lord for your life.
This morning we had a pray service with our staff at our farm school to honour Madiba and thank the Lord for his life and the impact he had on our country.
In fact the impact he had directly on our school. 10 years ago we applied to the Nelson Mandela children’s Foundation for a donation and they gave us R11 500. It was to be used specifically for toys. What a happy day that was when the toys arrived.
As John said when he ended this mornings prayer: “A great tree has fallen”