My trip to Bloem was postponed due to predicted heavy snowfalls. And considering that I would have driven back in John’s Land Cruiser with a heavy load on the back, on Black Ice, we decided on doing the trip another time. So I’ve missed out on a bit of a shopping trip and sitting on the couch catching up on all the family skinner.
The good news is, is that my “paid off” credit card, remains “paid off”. I must say I’m having a bit of a flush month. I’ve hardly bought any winter clothes at all. Nothing has appealed to me and I WILL NOT dress up as an oude doos voluptuous girl!
As I sit here typing, the predicted rain has started. They’ve predicted snow too, but it won’t snow while there’s rain though. Snow means plenty of visitors and bloody chilly toes. I’m not fond of snow. It’s more romantic in theory than in practise.
So school starts on Monday. Happy Days! The too-ing and fro-ing… Closer to boarding school.
What an awesome holiday. I’ve rested. I’ve worked. I’ve caught up and spring cleaned. Most of all I’ve had a divine time with my hubby, kids and visiting friends…
Oh yes, I hosted Book club on Wednesday Arvie. I made sweetcorn, Dutch Cumin Gouda, Gruyere cheese scones and a decadent flourless choccie cake. The chocolate cake had 9 slabs of chocolate in it. It’s basically choc, eggs and castor sugar. The piece de resistance was the 100 mm band of ribbon, made out of chocolate, around the cake. I even surprised myself with my expertise. I had such fun. AND of course, even though the recipe said 9 slabs of choc, ONLY 8 landed up getting used. Hhhmmmmmmmmmmm couldn’t resist nibbling as I worked.
Have a great weekend………
As you know, I have given up chocolate for Lent. Not bloody easy. I’m not Catholic. I just got caught up in a “stoopid” facebook moment and announced it on my status. Boo Hoo…
How has giving up on chocolate benefited me? Bugger all, I will confess. Niks. Nada. Stuff all as my Dad would say. I’ve lost no weight. I’ve stayed the same.
But….dot…dot…dot….I have realised one thing…and that is, that I CAN do it. Me, a self-confessed chocster of note.
I can withhold and be all like…”no, I can’t have that chocolate cake. No thanks, I won’t, like, eat that chocolate brownie.”
My friends are shocked. I can see it in their eyes. They quickly disguise it though. So, they don’t come across as non-supportive.
So here is to next Sunday. Easter Sunday. Mommy can’t wait to see you. Coz when you come….so does the shoving in of the chocolate between these lips. Come to mama.
And so, in preparation today(for next Sunday), I bought the kids a box of 48 marshamallow eggs to share, and THEN I bought another box of 48 eggs for ME ALONE! Yes, relax, I’m not exaggerating, I CAN eat a whole box. I’m pretty sure. It might take me a while. But I’ll give it a good backhand and show it who’s Boss!
Ten private things I can reveal about myself:
- I have a strange fascination for Die Antwoord. Like in a morbid fascination.
- I hate olive tapenade with a passion
- Apples make me have bad wind. Can’t eat them if I’m going out.
- I only love my own children and a few others. Most other kids I fake affection.
- Sometimes I want to overdose on sleeping pills to put me in a comatose sleep for at least 3 days. To catch up on sleep and not be able to hear John and the kids.
- Sometimes I resent John for always expecting me to do the school runs, organise the kids, think of what to make for lunch and supper!
- I’m bored shitless from reading the very much raved about White Masai. What a tit. Seriously. Who gives up a cushy life for someone they can’t communicate with, share kisses with, talk too, experience foreplay with? I think she fell in love with his abs and the romantic notion of living in Africa.
- I’m terrified of Deborah Patta
- I dream of being a singer like Louise Carver or Leslie Rae Dowling. But I only like them in LIVE version CD’s.
- I can eat two slabs of chocolate in one trot and then finish off with a Peppermint Crisp and a Tempo.