Sho-u-u(as in shuuuu, Xhosa word for Phewww), Time sure does seem to be galloping buy. Just had my nails and feet done, so sitting here like a bit of a prima donna. Hands all scrunched up and trying not to bump them to spoil the french tips.
Kids at swimming. So peaceful. Time to catch my breath. We’ve (a friend and I) have enrolled the kids on a two week crash course of swimming lessons. For the two older kids it’s stroke correction and the two younger to teach them to swim. It’s gruelling for us because it’s a whole morning spent to-ing and fro-ing over-excited kids. But what a joy to watch them having fun.
Literally 4 days to go until the holiday. Oh my giddy Aunt.
Question: Why do we feel the need to eat so much on Christmas day? You must see my mom’s menu. Don’t get me wrong I’ll be the first to stand up to dish up a plate of food. But all that food….? For me it’s like putting an alchoholic in a bathtub of vodka and expecting him/her not to drink. Too much temptation…
So holidays begin…and fighting temptation begins also.
I’ve been panic eating lately.Panicking because I can’t seem to lose weight, panicking because I’ve got very low self-esteem about my body and feel disillusioned over the recent dietary failures.
I lay in the bath on Saturday and prayed. Quietly. A sense of calm came over me.
I just stopped the berating. Stopped the hate. Stopped panicking and I thought to myself…calm down. Just start again. Stop being so hard on yourself. Just start again.
Just focus on the diet and the treadmill. Three to Four times a week. Leave the toning for a while.
Just keep calm. The more one does, the more one has an increased chance of failing and the more one feels a failure if one fails. (if you know what I mean). So that’s my plan. Keep calm. One thing at a time. To slowly, slowly catch the bloody monkey!!!!
It’s unbelievable how much I procrastinate. Truth be told I probably have too many irons in the fire at the moment.
- cerebral palsy child to try stimulate
- 6 old years olds school run and extra murals
- a new business that keeps me quiet busy
- admin and office work for my husband
- sunday school teacher
- school manager for our farm school
- treasurer for our farm school (paperwork immense for the Dept of Ed) and for my son’s school (minimal)
- keep my house and garden in ship-shape (whatever!!!!)
- try to diet and exercise and combat stress and look good and wash my hair and shave my legs( I really hate shaving…I abhor waxing even more)
- book in for facials, pedi’s, mani’s hair etc
- make sure kids and hubby eat healthily
- pay off a flat I’ve just bought recently
- keep up with a killer social life. (farming community’s are always busy)
- these are just a few I’ve mentioned….still more that I can’t think of at the moment)
As soon as I’m stressed out I turn to eating. I was going to say snacking, but it goes beyond a snack sometimes. I have even memorised the sound of the creaking fridge door and the muffled snap, as it closes! I know that sound soooooooooooooooo well.
We’re all so hard on ourselves. Especially if we don’t achieve something. I’m especially hard on myself. I lost 1.6kg’s this week. Instead of feeling happy about it, I’ve continuously berated myself the whole week because I have so many kg’s still to go. Still such a looooooooooooong road ahead of me. So what…. enjoy each bite that you eat. Live it up. That’s what I think anyway….